Monday, July 25, 2011

If only you could see the pictures I left out!

Driving the boat through the lagoon with Rick, our water safety instructor.  Sokeh's Rock in the background

Coral reef shot taken from a few feet underwater.  There is a blue starfish just barely out of the bottom of the frame

Taken around 4pm.  In the distance you can almost see the waves crashing on the outer reef, and further out you can see large freight ships.

The house I'll be moving into on August 7th!!  Straight out of Robinson Crusoe

From the kitchen looking into the living room.  The white box is a lockbox for my valuables, on its left is the entryway to the shower/laundryroom, and on its right is the ladder into the upstairs bedroom.  On the right side of the picture is the downstairs bedroom that will probably be for storage or guests.

The rest of the kitchen.  Luckily, the slatted walls are covered in mosquito netting.  You can see that last year's volunteers donated some kitchen supplies.
The walkout porch that is connected to the upstairs bedroom.

One of the MANY spiders found throughout the house.  Move in/cleanup day shall be fun.

View of the house from the backyard.  I plan on putting a garden to the left of the house for vegetables and spices.  My roommate, Gabrielle, is wearing the red shirt.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a banana spider, =-) She'll get bigger, ask Amy. I always made Amy go first when we were riding so she could clear them all out for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why I would bring a crop with me :P It can clear the way.... it's also why I used to ride with a mosquito net over my head because that would catch the spider webs, instead of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete